The AHNRC acknowledges the Kuarna and Peramangk people, the traditional custodians of the land and respect their connection to country.
The AHNRC is a community led environmental information hub. Our aim is to encourage and support sustainable community actions for the conservation and protection of the biodiversity of the region.
Staffed by a Coordinator and volunteers, we provide a diverse range of services and information resources for landholders, local residents, community groups, hikers and students.
Since opening in 2004, the AHNRC has become a focal point for the community to access the latest natural resource information and advice, resources and equipment. We are co-located with the Summit Community Centre, providing a comprehensive range of services to the local community.
The AHNRC is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the Adelaide & Mt Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board (AMLR NRM).
The AHNRC Management Committee comprises volunteer members elected from the local community and is responsible for the strategic direction of the AHNRC.
The Coordinator works with the direction and support of the Management Committee to achieve the Centre’s objectives.
The Coordinator is supported by a team of volunteers who assist with the daily management of the centre, developing and running new projects, updating resources and information and helping with events.
Natural Resource Centre Alliance
In 2003, Natural Resource Centres (NRCs) across South Australia formed an Alliance to share resources and ideas and improve community services across a wider region. In addition to the AHNRC, participating regional NRC’s include:
- Barossa Bush Gardens
- Gawler Regional Natural Resource Centre
- Mount Pleasant Natural Resource Centre
- Normanville Natural Resource Centre
- Victor Harbor Natural Resource Centre
- Willunga Environment Centre
- 6th Creek Catchment Group
- 4th Creek Catchment Group
- Basket Range Land Care Group
- Friends of Moore’s Rd Inc
- Friends of 6CCG
- Basket Range Recycling Centre
- Third Creek Catchment Group
- Friends of Black Hill/Morialta
- Old Norton Summit Road Community Group
- Friends of Protea Park/Michael Moran Reserve
AHNRC Funding Bodies